Lights, camera, ACTION! L+O North Hollywood apartments for rent are red carpet-ready. At home for the 2021 Oscars, of course. To ease things up for you, we have created a list of our favorite nominees. So, grab your popcorn, and let’s get ready to dive into our top five favorite films nominated for an Oscar this year.
The L+O North Hollywood Apartments Movie Guide: 2021 Oscars Edition
- Nomadland – After many losses during the Great Recession, an older woman embarks on a journey through the American West. She lives as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad. The film stars the magnificent Frances McDormand and her performance is flawless.
- The Trial of the Chicago 7 – Up next, we have a film featuring a stellar cast. The Trial of the Chicago 7 stars Michael Keaton, Sascha Baron Cohen, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. The plot of the film tells the story of 7 people on trial stemming from various charges surrounding the uprising at the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago.
- Promising Young Woman – Woman unite in this next Oscar-nominated film. It stars Jennifer Coolidge, Molly Shannon, and Carey Mulligan, to name a few. In it, a young woman experiences traumatizing events. As a result, she seeks out vengeance upon those who have done her wrong. For those of you living at L and O North Hollywood apartments for rent who love a good revenge story, this is the film for you.
- One Night in Miami – The one and only Regina King directed our next favorite 2021 Oscar film! It also stars Leslie Odom Jr. who played the original Aaron Burr in Hamilton on Broadway. In this film, we get a fictional account of one magnificent night in 1964 where four icons of activism come together to discuss their roles in the civil rights movement of the ’60s. Which iconic activists are featured? You’ll have to watch to find out!
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom – Finally we have Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom with another perfect cast. In particular, the late Chadwick Boseman and Viola Davis. It is also produced by the beloved Denzel Washington! This period piece takes place in 1927 between a group of musicians living in Chicago. Tensions rise, beautiful music is played, and wonderful performances are given. To all the jazz lovers out there living in North Hollywood, this is the film for you!
There you have it, neighbors! Put on your best red-carpet outfit, grab a cup of matcha, and enjoy these movies from your NoHo Arts District apartments.