Nothing feels quite as satisfying as coming home to an apartment that sparkles. Now that we are officially in spring, let the cleaning begin so that every time you walk into your L and O apartments for rent in North Hollywood, you feel refreshed and renewed with these five spring cleaning tips!
Spring Cleaning Tips
- TWO Doormats. If you already have a doormat on the outside, you are halfway there. Trap even more dirt with two mats. One on the outside and one on the inside. To clean them, we suggest vacuuming them first followed by hosing them off and letting them air dry.
- Clean the Kitchen Sink, Microwave, and Oven. How often do you actually clean out your most-used appliances? If you do this on a weekly basis in your kitchens at our North Hollywood apartments for rent, we look up to you! You can also skip over this tip. For those of us who need to deep clean our kitchens, we suggest throwing lemon peels down the garbage disposal followed by cold water. For the microwave and oven, deep clean with organic products like Mrs. Meyer’s. For those hard to remove stains, cover them with a hot, wet cloth to soften the gunk and sprinkle baking powder to remove.
- Organize the Junk Drawer. There is a lot of truth when people say, “it’s what’s on the inside that counts.” That quote rings true for your junk drawer too! No matter how hard we try, this drawer always finds its way into becoming a messy pile. While you re-organize this drawer, opt for adjustable drawer organizers to keep everything divided and in place.
- Clean Your Humidifier. It is fair to assume that last year we all got ourselves a humidifier. Devices that keep our space clean also need a deep cleaning every once and a while. We suggest pouring two cups of undiluted white vinegar and swish it around. Allow it to drain into the reservoir for 20 minutes. Once that time has passed, empty it and use a small brush to scrub the crevices.
- Restore Your Shower Head. Unclog your shower head by mixing equal parts of white vinegar and water. Pour that liquid into a bag and tie it around the showerhead so it is fully immersed. Let it soak for up to an hour, then remove and wipe away the loosened deposits.
Spring Cleaning Tips
There you have it. Feel free to throw on some tunes while cleaning. We recently blogged about our favorite albums from 2020 which you can read up on here. We hope these tips and tricks help!